Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nehru's Dam

I opened the UCF main page and there was a survey that wanted to know if I found what I wanted and how to make the site easier to use. WTF? I should have saved a screen capture. I told them to wait until after I used the site to ask about using the site. Don’t ask me if it works before I use it. That’s sort of typical IT mentality. Craft a superb online survey that works brilliantly and doesn’t measure anything. Awesome.

I shouldn’t be so cynical. It was probably set up by some poor aspiring graduate student for an intersnship project. On the other hand, maybe not. You would think with all the hulabaloo about technical savvy around here that the standards would be pretty high. That’s one of the hazards of the internet. In a post about global economic development, I once accused Nehru of building the Aswan dam. Same problem, wrong dam. The worst thing was that nodobdy ever nailed me on it. Maybe nobody ever looked at it. I like to think they don’t have that problem with the UCF main page.

Here's Thinking for You.
Iffy

No comments:

Post a Comment